Serves 4 -5
Cook time: an hour or so
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
Salt & pepper
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1/1/2 pounds), cut in half
2 leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
4 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup créme fraîche (or heavy cream)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cut 1 tablespoon butter into 4 pieces and toss with potatoes in microwave-safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and microwave until potatoes are tender, 8 - 10 minutes, tossing potatoes halfway through.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Melt an additional 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until foaming.
- Cook half of the chicken until lightly browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with the additional 1 tablespoon butter and remaining chicken.
- Add the leeks, carrots, and remaining butter to the empty skillet and cook until softened and starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping up any browned bits, then add chicken and any accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until the chicken is tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce the liquid in skillet until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Then remove from heat and whisk in créme fraîche, lemon juice, and parsley. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in serving dish, and pour the sauce on top. Serve hot, and thoroughly enjoy! Goes great with white wine!