Friday, April 27, 2012

Curried Cauliflower



So if any readers have a background in curry, you'll know that this is an extreme cheat and probably an insult to any true curry lovers . . . I am okay with that. This recipe is quick and delish, which fits my time budget tonight. I don't cook with curry much, but I like that it's semi-sweet and spicy. I like to add cumin to the mix for a fuller flavor. The curry I use is McCormick brand - so it's definitely authentic. (Joke.) 


Cauliflower is one of those veggies that is so meh until you load it with spices. This is very nomable. As in nom nom nom. Addicting, kind of like an Indian potato chip, but with a weird albino broccoli imitator. Next time I may chop up cherry/grape tomatoes and roast them with the cauliflower. Anyway, I'm in a weird mood, so I'll save you the mumbling and let you get to the recipe. Hope you like it!

Curried Cauliflower
Ingredients
1 head cauliflower
2 teaspoons curry
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil

  1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine your spices, salt, and 1 tablespoon oil. Stir well.
  3. Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Add in batches to the bowl, stirring in to coat with spice mix. As you add cauliflower, add 1 teaspoon oil at a time to keep the mixture moist. I ended up only needing 2 teaspoons, but feel free to use more or less.
  4. Spread cauliflower in the bottom of a roasting pan, trying to spread into a single layer.
  5. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, more or less.
  6. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Let me know what you think of this post, if you've tried the recipe, or have a dish request. Thanks!