Thursday, February 9, 2012

Berry Burst Brownies

 Taking brownies to a whole new level.

Raspberry brownies. Raspberry chocolate anything is delicious, but by adding frozen fruit to the brownies, they don't cook all the way at the top and it leaves you with a hot gooey mess. It's delectable. Ask Kyle. I send him these brownies because I'll eat them all. In fact, these brownies are on their way to Ann Arbor as soon as they cool off. I can't handle the temptation.


So all you do is take an instant brownie mix, put it in a pan and sprinkle frozen raspberries on top. Bake them like you normally would. Nothing too special--til you taste them! I like to cook them in an 8"x 8" glass pan because they're thicker. Okay, to be honest, I cook them in an 8"x8" because to me, the whole point of baking brownies is to eat the batter, so by the time it actually gets into the pan, the thickness is about equal to what it would have been sans finger-lickin' in a 9"x13". Judge me.

Berry Burst Brownies
Ingredients:
Instant brownie mix (Betty Crocker Triple Chunk!)
Frozen raspberries

  1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
  2. Prepare brownie batter according to the box. Spoon into a greased 8"x8" pan.
  3. Take time to lick the bowl, fork, spoon, fingers, etc. 
  4. Sprinkle a layer of frozen raspberries over the top of the brownies.
  5. Bake according to box instructions.
  6. Enjoy warm & gooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Let me know what you think of this post, if you've tried the recipe, or have a dish request. Thanks!