Easiest dinner ever. And can be done in under 30 minutes!
Miss Jamie came over last night for a quick dinner before heading out to see War Hose. Although the movie was just okay, thankfully our meal was great. Picked up some great tips from Jamie and enjoyed sharing a kitchen with her :) Did you know that to keep chicken from burning (apparently my specialty) you cook them in the pan until golden and then finish them in the oven? What?! Mind-blowing.
Everything (including roasted veggies can be finished in under 30 minutes. Start them all around the same time and voilá, gourmet meal.
Pan-Glazed Basil Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- For the glaze, combine the balsamic, honey, and chopped basil.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the pan 5 - 6 minutes per side, until cooked through. If it begins to burn and is still pink in the middle, finish cooking in the oven at 350F.
- Once cooked, coat with the balsamic glaze. ( I also put the glaze on the noodles and it was great!)
Sun-dried Tomato & Artichoke Pasta
1 bag sun-dried tomatoes
1 can artichoke
1 clove garlic
Egg noodles (nostalgia!)
- Make noodles according to box instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop tomatoes, artichokes, and garlic to desired size
- Once cooked, drain noodles in a colander.
- Using pot that contained the noodles, sauté the tomatoes, artichokes and garlic in the olive oil until aromatic. Toss in the noodles, combining everything thoroughly. Done!