Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Good morning! 

Looks delicious, right?
We've had a beautiful week in Bloomington with the cooler weather and Little Five. I can't believe earlier this week we hit the eighties - it's in the high forties now. But I'm not complaining. Had a great ride earlier today with Bond Boy and people have been barbecuing and holding bonfires all week. It's like fall all over. And who doesn't love fall?

Bond Boy


So, in honor of our April Autumn weather, I'm about to share with you my secret recipe for a perfectly lazy fall morning. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. Think pumpkin bread in pancake form. Or think pancake in healthy, fiber-full form. They're very filling, and the recipe serves a lot. I love me some pancakes, but I can only do two or three of these guys because of the pumpkin. So invite friends over. Either way, if you eat these pancakes with a banana and some coffee I can guarantee you'll be off to a great start. 


Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Dry Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
dash cloves
dash ginger
Wet Ingredients
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 tablespoons canola oil

  1. In a medium bowl combine all of the dry ingredients together; stir with a fork until well-combined.
  2. In a measuring cup, combine your wet ingredients, whisking together.
  3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisking together until just combined.
  4. Warm a pancake griddle or in a skillet over medium/medium high heat. (You'll have to monitor this.) Spray with Pam.
  5. Using a 1/3 or a 1/4 cup, scoop the batter into the pan two or three at a time. I push the batter into a circle to thin it some; if you don't do this they take forever to make - read: "I burn them".
  6. Allow to cook on one side until you see bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook the other side. 
  7. Eat with coffee, banana, and tons of syrup. Have a good morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Let me know what you think of this post, if you've tried the recipe, or have a dish request. Thanks!