Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bourbon Cider

The title says it all. Celebrating the start of fall break with Kyle, Dad, and Makers.


I'm a fan of spiked ciders, both with rum or bourbon. If I'm out at a bonfire, I prefer rum cider, hot. But inside I like a bourbon cider cold. I like this cocktail because the OJ compliments the bourbon and makes it a bit sweeter. Sounds odd, but it's delicious. Even Dad approved of the mixing of Makers for this.

Bourbon Cider
Ingredients
Makers Mark, or other bourbon
Apple Cider
Orange juice
Orange slices, for garnish, if you're fancy

  1. Fill a glass all the way with ice cubes.
  2. Pour bourbon into the glass until about 1/3 full. Adjust according to how strong you like your drinks.
  3. Fill with apple cider, leaving about 1/2" rim. 
  4. Top with OJ. Use a spoon or straw to blend.
  5. Garnish with an orange wedge and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Let me know what you think of this post, if you've tried the recipe, or have a dish request. Thanks!